Community – Week of December 14, 2019
Thank you to our Sponsors: Thank you to Irwin and Arlene Fredman for sponsoring Shalosh Seudos in observance of the yahrzeit of Irwin’s mother, Henrietta Fredman z’l.
Happy Birthday to: Rodney John, Sandra Abrams, Elisheva Sudin, Dr. Jonathan Shanker, Frances Rothman, Victoria John, Peggy Umansky, Leslie Gitel, Rhonnie Goldfader and David Gellman.
Shabbat Greeter: Marcie Brook and Larry Chervitz
This Week and Beyond
- Sunday, December 15 ~ 114th NHBZ Anniversary Dinner at Clayton Plaza Hotel.
- Shabbos, December 21 ~ Kiddush Luncheon sponsored by Leo Bressler
- Sunday, December 22 ~ First night of Chanukah
- Shabbos, December 28 ~ We welcome guest speaker, Jack Langen, whose topic will be : Courage on Campus: How a University of Illinois Student Leader Stood With the Jewish Community”. Kiddush / Luncheon
- Sunday, December 29 ~ The NHBZ Chanukah Party is going to be fantastic! Amy & Denny Feit are chairing the party have planned an event not to be missed. Please RSVP early. We are also looking for sponsors for the dinner at $25 -$100.
- Shabbos, January 25 ~ Synaplex Shabbat ~ featuring Nadav Alkoby, Midwest Campus Coordinator at ZOA Campus,
In the Community
More events coming… Let us know if you would like to have something posted here. Thank you!
This Week’s Torah Trivia
Last Week’s Question: How long did Yitzhak Live?
Answer: 180 years, Of the 3 forefathers, he lived the longest.
This Week’s Question: How did Yaakov prepare for the meeting with his twin brother Eisav?
If you know of anyone who would like to receive the NHBZ Shabbat bulletin, please send their email to the office.
- Rabbi’s Sermon ~ To receive an email edited version of Rabbi Smason’s sermon please contact Rabbi Smason at email@example.com.