Thank you to our Sponsors: Thank you to Leo Bressler for sponsoring the Kiddush luncheon today in honor of Anna Rose Tendler and Phyllis Silverman for the work they do for NHBZ.
This bulletin is sponsored by Joni and Bob Kaiser to say the following: “A huge thank you to all of you who attended (or attempted to attend!) NHBZ’s Anniversary Dinner last Sunday evening and/or placed an ad in the Ad Journal. We were extremely touched by the people who expressed their warm wishes and who made it to the dinner despite the inclement weather. Your kind encouragement, support and friendship mean the world to us.”
Happy Birthday to: Bonnie Klein, Mindy Woolf, Debbie Finland, Norman Liss, Dr. Michael Kass, Gary Sudin, Betty Novick, Daniel Zarkowsky, Richard Goldstein and Mark Tendler.
Anniversaries: Jay & Peggy Umansky, Irl & Myra Solomon, Abert & Sheila Goodman, Howard & Phyllis Loiterstein, Ronald & Sandra Segall and Craig & Jackie Berkin
Shabbat Greeter: TBA
This Week and Beyond
- Shabbos, December 21 ~ Kiddush Luncheon sponsored by Leo Bressler
- Sunday, December 22 ~ First night of Chanukah
- Shabbos, December 28 ~ We welcome guest speaker, Jack Langen, whose topic will be: Courage on Campus: How a University of Illinois Student Leader Stood With the Jewish Community”. Kiddush / Luncheon. Sponsored by NHBZ Israel Committee, Irwin and Arlene Fredman, The STL Friends of Israel and Shaving Israel.
- Sunday, December 29 ~ 4:30 -7:30 pm ~ The NHBZ Chanukah Party for Kids and Adults is going to be fantastic! Amy and Denny Feit are chairing the party and they have planned an event not to be missed, plus jelly doughnuts sponsored by the NHBZ Sisterhood and a raffle for a 48” 4K TV. Please RSVP, Adults $14 -Kids $8-Family max $48. We are also looking for sponsors for the dinner at $25 -$100.
- Shabbos, January 25 ~ Synaplex Shabbat ~ featuring Nadav Alkoby, Midwest Campus Coordinator at ZOA Campus.
Note: Rabbi & Chani Smason and family will be out of town Dec.24 -26.
In the Community
More events coming… Let us know if you would like to have something posted here. Thank you!
Kosher Food Drive for Tomchei Shabbat please drop off nonperishable kosher food items at the office through Chanukah
This Week’s Torah Trivia
Last Week’s Question: How long did Yitzhak Live?
Answer: 180 years, Of the 3 forefathers, he lived the longest.
This Week’s Question: How did Yaakov prepare for the meeting with his twin brother Eisav?
If you know of anyone who would like to receive the NHBZ Shabbat bulletin, please send their email to the office.
- Rabbi’s Sermon ~ To receive an email edited version of Rabbi Smason’s sermon please contact Rabbi Smason at email@example.com.