Thank you to our Sponsors: Thank you to Linda & Micky Szus for sponsoring the cookie cake in celebration of the birthday of Menachem Szus. In honor of Bryson Hartranft’s birthday, our Kiddush has been enhanced, with love from Jennifer, Gaelyn and Madeline Hartranft.
Happy Birthday to: Dr, David Reisler, Gail Rose, Menachem Szus, Maxwell Goldman, Harold Hoffman and Emily Wallman.
Anniversaries: Milton & Tammy Sallis, Scott & Leslie Gitel and Rabbi Aaron & Pearl Borow
Shabbat Greeter: Dr. Craig Berkin and Kenny Bressler
This Week and Beyond
- Sunday, December 8 ~ 3:30 pm ~Join us as we complete the writing of our new Sefer Torah and dedicate it to Nusach Hari B’nai Zion ~ Torah Completion * Parade * Dedication Ceremony * Refreshments
- Tuesday, December 10 ~ 7:00 pm ~ NHBZ board meeting
- Sunday, December 15 ~ NHBZ Anniversary Dinner ~ RSVP now to get in on the ‘early-bird’ raffle.
- Sunday, December 22 ~ First night of Chanukah
- Sunday, December 29 ~ The NHBZ Chanukah Party is going to be fantastic! Amy & Denny Feit are chairing the party have planned an event not to be missed. Please RSVP early. We are also looking for sponsors for the dinner at $25 -$100.
Cash Cards LAST CHANCE
This is the time to order gift cards for Chanukah and research has indicated that gift cards are the most favorite gifts to receive! Orders are now being taken through Thursday, December 5th you will get your gift cards before the first night of Chanukah! Use the card for all your shopping needs. The order form is attached to this week’s bulletin. You probably will be shopping at Amazon, Dierbergs, CVS, or Walgreens this month, so why not benefit NHBZ as you shop?
Thank you to all who made the Thanksgiving dinner, organized by Stella Vladimirov, for the Olivette police and firefighters meaningful and memorable. Special thanks to the many donors who made is possible. There was cooking, shopping, more cooking, cleaning, delivering and putting smiles on the faces of first responders. NHBZ knows how to show its appreciation to those who protect us!
A very special thank you to: Norma Rubin, Jackie Berkin, Bob Kaiser, Chani Smason, Anna Rose and Victor Tendler and Sallie Volotzky for all their dedicated work in cooking and preparing the meal and poster card. Thank you to our donors and participants: Amy and Denny Feit, Julie Eisenberg, Mimi Fiszel, Leonid Vladimirov and family, Marcela and Dr. Daniel Morgensztern and family, Rabbi Smason, Dr. Faye Cohen and Brian McCary and family, Sam and Shirley Bluestein, Jim Pollock, Gary Sudin and family, Sid and Phyllis Silverman, anonymous and Stella Vladimirov, Committee Chair of the kosher turkey brigade!
In the Community
Sunday, December 8, 2019 ~ 11:30am ~ HADASSAH ST. LOUIS presents Fashion Flash at the Mirowitz Center, Covenant Place II, 8 Millstone Campus Drive. RSVP Online by December 2nd www.fb.me/HadassahSt.Louis.
Sunday, December 8 ~ 1:00 pm ~ Shaving Israel presents the movie “Noodle” at The Holocaust Learning Center. Event is free but donations to Shaving Israel welcomed. All donations support IDF soldiers.
This Week’s Torah Trivia
Last Week’s Question: How long did Yitzhak Live?
Answer: 180 years, Of the 3 forefathers, he lived the longest.
This Week’s Question: How did Yaakov prepare for the meeting with his twin brother Eisav?
If you know of anyone who would like to receive the NHBZ Shabbat bulletin, please send their email to the office.
- Rabbi’s Sermon ~ To receive an email edited version of Rabbi Smason’s sermon please contact Rabbi Smason at firstname.lastname@example.org.