Community – Week of July 11th 2020
June 11, 2020 ~ 19 Tammuz 5780
Happy Birthday ~ Naomi Shanker, Murray Hochberg, Toby Katz, Anna Rose Tendler and Ron Makovsky
Anniversaries ~ Brian & Debbie Sher
Parshas: Pinchas Number 25:10 – 30:1
Haftorah: Jeremiah 1:1 – 2:3
Chumash pages 876-899
Chumash pages 1192-1193
Candle Lighting 8:11 pm
Shabbat Ends 9:14 pm
* Thursday, July 9th – Fast of 17th of Tammuz,: Fast begins at 4:32 A.M., concludes at 9:09 P.M.
This Week and Beyond…
- Wednesday, July 8 ~ 7:00 pm “Coping with the Pandemic” Join us for a Zoom presentation and discussion with Beth Koritz, M.Ed, L.P.C., N.C.C. Join by video at: https://zoom.us/j/295822730
- MINYAN Sunday and Wednesday Evenings at 7:00 pm ~ We have started a limited outdoor minyan at NHBZ. RSVP to Alan Zarkowsky
- Wednesday, July 8 ~ 7:00 pm ~ Join us for a presentation and discussion with Beth Koritz, M.Ed, L.P.C., N.C.C. on “Coping with the Pandemic”. Ms. Koritz will touch upon pandemic related issues such as depression, anxiety, and isolation from friends and family and answer questions submitted in advance. . If you have a question to submit in advance, please contact Rabbi Smason at Pepshort613@gmail.com See the flyer for more details.The Zoom link to this program is: https://zoom.us/j/295822730
- Friday Evening, July 10 ~ Virtual Kabbalat Shabbat Service at 6:45 pm
Join us for our Virtual Kabbalat Shabbat. We’ll gather on Zoom to welcome Shabbat in song with a guest Chazzan and Rabbi Smason providing inspirational and instructive Dvar Torah.
Join by video: https://zoom.us/j/295822730 Join by audio: 314-325-8791
Accepting Classified Ads for the NHBZ Shabbat Bulletin
Do you have a business or wish to advertise an item in our Shabbat bulletin? For only $18.00 per month your JPEG, PDF or MS WORD designed ad can be seen by all our members and friends plus on our website. Contact Jeff at email@example.com or call 314-991-2100 ext 2.
Do you know someone looking for guidance in the direction of their career?
AccreditedSchoolsOnline.org have put together a series of guides to employment that covers graduate employment, master’s degree hiring considerations, and internship fundamentals.
Sunday, July 19 ~ The Sarah Adelman Memorial Lecture will be a Zoom event this year with speaker Rabbi Jeffrey Bienenfeld. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom link.
If you know of anyone who would like to receive the NHBZ Shabbat bulletin, please send their email to the office.
Rabbi’s Sermon ~ To receive an email edited version of Rabbi Smason’s sermon please contact Rabbi Smason at email@example.com.