October 3, 2020 ~ 15 Tishrei 5781
Candle Lighting 6:25 PM
Shabbat Ends 7:26 PM
Our Sponsors for this Week’s Shabbos Bulletin
Dr. Steve and Myra Radinsky in honor of their grandchildren, Andrew Felton and Samantha Radinsky, for being semi-finalists in the National Merit Scholarship program.
Happy Birthday ~ Sandra Segall, JoAnn Raskas, Ruth Novack and Talia Shifren
Happy Anniversary ~ Dr. Alan & Marcie Brook
This Week and Beyond…
Sunday, October 4th ~ 4pm-5pm ~ Join Rabbi and Rebbetzin Okin for a (yummy) Sukkah building event in the NHBZ Sukkah. The Sukkah will be set up in a socially distanced manner, with participants asked to remain masked and at their family’s table during the duration of the event.
Please RSVP to Rabbi Okin at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure that we have enough supplies for the event.
Notice concerning Virtual Kabbalat Shabbat:
As the days have become shorter and Shabbos begins at an earlier time, the Virtual Kabbalat Shabbat is on hold for the foreseeable future.
Sukkot through Shemini Atzeret / Simchat Torah Information
- Based on medical recommendations, we advise not to share Etrog & Lulav outside of the group of people residing in your household.
- Simchat Torah instructions will be available next week.
- Yizkor Service for Shemini Atzeret will take place via ZOOM on Friday October 9th at 11:00am. Please join the service through the link below or you can call in on your phone to the number listed below:
Connect with video: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83814002771
Connect with audio in 2 ways:
- Preferred option – Call 312-626-6799 which connects you to the ZOOM audio number which will enable you to participate fully, except for the video.
- Or call 314-325-8791 for our old audio connection. We encourage you to use the preferred option.
Do you have a simcha to celebrate? Saying Kaddish or observing a yahrzeit? Consider sponsoring one of our many learning sessions with Rabbi Smason or our guest speakers. Donate $18 or more to have a dedication made. Contact: Jeff@nhbz.org or call 991or call 991–2100 ext. 22100 ext. 2
Accepting Classified Ads for the NHBZ Shabbat Bulletin
Do you have a business or wish to advertise an item in our Shabbat bulletin? For only $18.00 per month your JPEG, PDF or MS WORD designed ad can be seen by all our members and friends plus on our website. Contact Jeff at email@example.com or call 314-991-2100 ext 2.
If you know of anyone who would like to receive the NHBZ Shabbat bulletin, please send their email to the office.
Rabbi’s Sermon ~ To receive an email edited version of Rabbi Smason’s sermon please contact Rabbi Smason at firstname.lastname@example.org.