Please Join the Nusach Hari B’nai Zion DOLLAR-A-DAY PUSHKE CAMPAIGN
Although NHBZ remains physically closed, we remain spiritually and socially connected through our rabbi’s many learning sessions, Kabbalat Shabbat programs and weekday and Shabbat outdoor minyanim. At the same time, our shul’s financial needs remain ever present and demanding, exacerbated by the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. We are concerned about potential loss of Shul income due to many challenges to our pre-pandemic means of raising funds.
Giving the new NHBZ Pushke a prominent place (and donating to it daily) in our homes represents the fulfillment of a mitzvah that is equal to all the others and materially and spiritually benefits the individual as well as our shul.
This is a one-year campaign that begins Monday, August 3, 2020 and runs through Monday, August 2, 2021. We suggest giving one dollar daily. If all members participate, this will go a long way towards keeping our shul financially stable. Even giving 50 cents daily will be helpful.
- Give small amounts daily. Maimonides said, “How often is more important than how much”.
How you can participate:
- Pick up a Pushke at the NHBZ office. Call in advance: 314-991-2100, Ext 2. You may be able to pick up your Pushke prior to August 3. Call ahead for availability.
- If needed, we are happy to deliver a Pushke to you. Please call 314-991-2100, Ext 2 to make delivery arrangements.
- We will gladly accept old Pushkehs that are partially or fully filled. I will drop off a Pushkeh at the NHBZ office (whether or not I pick up a new Pushkeh). Please call in advance.
- Pick up a full or partially-filled Pushke from my home or office (whether or not I pick up a new Pushkeh). Please call in advance.
- Opt in to receive an informative but short 30 second Dvar Torah by the rabbi by an automated phone call as a reminder to make daily Pushke contributions.
- Ideal times to add to the Pushke include before prayers, in the presence ofchildren or grandchildren and before lighting Shabbos or yom tov candles.
- All who return or have picked up a completed Pushke once every threemonths will be entered into a quarterly drawing for a $25 Target Gift Card!
You may elect any of the above options by checking the appropriate box and returning this form or by calling the office at 314-991-2100, Ext 2 to make your selections. Shul office hours for calling in requests or for the pick-up or drop-off of Pushkes are as follows: Monday – Friday 10AM to 1 PM. Hours subject to change. Please call ahead. Wearing a mask is required.
Thank you for taking part in this important effort. If everyone participates, we anticipate reaching our goal of $30,000 from this effort! Even small amounts of tzedakah matter!
Your NHBZ Pushke Committee
Dr. Eliot Katz Stella Vladimirov