In the Community – Week of August 17th, 2019
Thank you to Sam & Shirley Bluestein for sponsoring the bulletin in memory of Shirley’s parents Hyman Max and Esther Mindel z’l.
Thank you to Gary & Trudy Sudin for sponsoring the bulletin in honor of all our children and grandchildren’s visit to Saint Louis and the stone dedication of Alice Sudin z”l.
Thanks to Steven Finer & Moshe Finer for sponsoring Shalosh Seudos in observance of the yahrzeit of their father, Albert (Ash) Finer z’l.
Thank you to Jacob & Judy Levin for enhancing the kiddush in celebration of Jacob’s birthday!
Shabbos Nachamu – Welcome to Rabbi Dovid and Rebbitzen Faiga Rimmer
Happy Birthday: Jacob Levin, Nancy Rush, Marcie Brook, Leonid Vladimirov, Rosalind Rosen, Debbie Sher and Betty Epstein.
Anniversaries – Dr. Ari & Lila Belasen, Alan & Janet Haber, Reuven & Margo Tzadok and David & Norma Rubin
Shabbat Greeters: Larry Chervitz and Rhonnie Goldfader
- Sunday, August 18 ~ 10:00 am – 2:00 pm ~ NHBZ Sisterhood presents ‘A World of Fashion’ luncheon and fashion show with vendors for shopping. See the flyer in this bulletin.
- Sunday, August 25 ~ The Rabbi Ride Around ~ check the details in the flyer! Consider being a sponsor for the RRA for a donation of $100.00.
- Sunday, August 25 ~ Pizza Night
- Monday, September 9 ~ 7:45 pm ~ Home Discussion Group topic: Rosh Hashana & Yom Kippur hosted by Amy & Denny Feit. RSVP for address 991-2100 Ext. 2
- Shabbos, September 14 ~ Synaplex ~ speakers TBA
- Shabbos, September 14 ~ Family Shalosh Seudos with speaker Rabbi Eisenberg of the St. Louis Kollel.
Need help choosing which Torah sections may be appropriate for you or your family? Call Rabbi Smason at 314-991-2100. He would be happy to help!
A Monument Dedication for Alice Sudin z’l will take place on Tuesday, August 20, 11:00am at Beth Hamedrosh Hagodol Cemetery, 9125 Ladue Road.
Rabbi Ride Around ~ We are honoring Rabbi Smason for his past 10 years (500 miles) and his everlasting commitment to our shul and the Jewish community. The picnic is going to be spectacular this year; you won’t want to miss out! We have a great event planned with 14 Riders raring to go and you can spot them by their blue RRA t-shirts!!! Anyone can ride, however! There will be a silent auction AND a Chinese raffle with attendance prizes for adults and kids! Way cool balloons, professional face painting, Origami, and a free lunch! What more can you ask for? Please call Jeff or Laura in the office to make your Pledge. Please pledge generously!
Thank you to our Rabbi Ride Around sponsors so far: Lenny & Fran Alper, Dr. Faye and Brian McCary, Jerry & Fran Cohen, Denny & Amy Feit, Bob & Joni Kaiser, Ed & Helayne Levitt, Dr. Daniel & Marcela Morgensztern, Jay & Peggy Umansky, Libby Routman, Lana Weinbach, Leonid & Stella Vladimirov, Richard & Mindy Woolf and Alan & Janet Haber.
The Shabbat Buddy System
As announced last Shabbat, NHBZ is forming a buddy system for those who would like to have a “buddy” help guide them through the Siddur and Chumash during services. We are looking for those who can serve as the “Buddy”.
~ This Week’s Torah Trivia ~
Last Week’s Question: Devarim means words. In English the 5th book is called Deuteronomy. Why?
Answer: Deuteronomy means “Second Law” in Greek. In the 5th book, Moshe restates many of the laws and retells the Story of the wanderings to the new generation.
This Week’s Question: What is so special about this Parsha that everyone should listen to it?
- Check your email and respond to the NHBZ Yizkor Book of Remembrance listing for this coming Yom Kippur and Yizkor services.
- If you know of anyone who would like to receive the NHBZ Shabbat bulletin, please send their email to the office.
- Rabbi’s Sermon ~ To receive an email edited version of Rabbi Smason’s sermon please contact Rabbi Smason at email@example.com.