In the Community – Week of August 24th, 2019
Thank you to David & Norma Rubin for sponsoring the bulletin in celebration of their anniversary!
Thank you to the NHBZ Sisterhood for providing the food for kiddush this week in celebration of the huge success of their Fashion Show.
Happy Birthday: Jonathan Yasinev, Dodi Smason, Brigette Rosenbluth, Daria Rosenbluth and Daniel Shanker.
Anniversaries: Jesse & Debbie Barash
Shabbat Greeters: Don & Julie Eisenberg
- Sunday, August 25 ~ The Rabbi Ride Around ~ 10:00am
- Sunday, August 25 ~ Pizza Night
- Tuesday September 2 ~2:30 pm ~ Women of the Torah ~ at the home of Jackie Berkin facilitated by Rabbi Yaakov Berkowitz of the St. Louis Kollel~ Open to all women.
- Monday, September 9 ~ 7:45 pm ~ Home Discussion Group topic: Rosh Hashanah & Yom Kippur hosted at the home of Amy & Denny Feit. RSVP for address 991-2100 Ext. 2.
- Tuesday, September 10 ~ Yizkor Book of Remembrance listings due. Call the office for help.
- Shabbos, September 14 ~ Synaplex ~ speakers TBA
- Shabbos, September 14~ Family Shalosh Seudos with speaker Rabbi Eisenberg of the St. Louis Kollel.
- Sunday, September 15 ~ SAVE THE DATE ~ Elegant BBQ Dinner ~ LOW & SLOW smoked beef ribs, brisket and chicken. Full course dinner. RSVP only.
- Wednesday, September 18 ~ NHBZ Sisterhood ~ Craft Central Art Project ~ create your own Star of David from stained glass..
Need help choosing which Torah sections may be appropriate for you or your family? Call Rabbi Smason at 314-991-2100. He would be happy to help!
Rabbi Ride Around ~ We are honoring Rabbi Smason for his past 10 years (500 miles) and his everlasting commitment to our shul and the Jewish community. The picnic is going to be spectacular this year; you won’t want to miss out! We have a great event planned with 14 Riders raring to go and you can spot them by their blue RRA t-shirts!!! Anyone can ride, however! There will be a silent auction AND a Chinese raffle with attendance prizes for adults and kids! Way cool balloons, professional face painting, Origami, and a free lunch! What more can you ask for? Please call Jeff or Laura in the office to make your Pledge. Please pledge generously!
Thank you to our Rabbi Ride Around sponsors so far: Lenny & Fran Alper, Dr. Faye and Brian McCary, Jerry & Fran Cohen, Denny & Amy Feit, Bob & Joni Kaiser, Ed & Helayne Levitt, Dr. Daniel & Marcela Morgensztern, Jay & Peggy Umansky, Libby Routman, Lana Weinbach, Leonid & Stella Vladimirov, Richard & Mindy Woolf and Alan & Janet Haber.
The Shabbat Buddy System
As announced last Shabbat, NHBZ is forming a buddy system for those who would like to have a “buddy” help guide them through the Siddur and Chumash during services. We are looking for those who can serve as the “Buddy”.
~ This Week’s Torah Trivia ~
Last Week’s Question: What is so special about this Parsha that everyone should listen to it?
Answer. The Aseret Hadibrot are restated here. These are the 10 Declarations commonly misnamed as the 10 Commandments.
This Week’s Question: A very famous saying comes from this parsha that is even used today. What is it?
- Check your email and respond to the NHBZ Yizkor Book of Remembrance listing for this coming Yom Kippur and Yizkor services.
- If you know of anyone who would like to receive the NHBZ Shabbat bulletin, please send their email to the office.
- Rabbi’s Sermon ~ To receive an email edited version of Rabbi Smason’s sermon please contact Rabbi Smason at firstname.lastname@example.org.