In the Community – Week of August 31st, 2019
Thank you to Stuart Klamen for preparing and sponsoring the Kiddush luncheon in observance of the yahrzeit of his father, Edward Klamen z’l.
Happy Birthday: Norma Rubin, Michelle Goldstein, Jonah Bialecki, Eli Bialecki, Howard Sandler, Faith Waxman, Miriam Tzadok and Meira Ganel.
Anniversaries: Sergio Chayet & Nancy Lisker and Louis & Rebecca Goldman.
Shabbat Greeters: TBA
- Monday, September 9 ~ 7:45 pm ~ Home Discussion Group topic: Rosh Hashana & Yom Kippur hosted at the home of Amy & Denny Feit. RSVP for address 991-2100 Ext. 2
- Tuesday, September 10 ~ Yizkor Book of Remembrance listings due. Call the office for help.
- Shabbos, September 14 ~ Synaplex ~ speakers TBA
- Shabbos, September 14~ Family Shalosh Seudos with speaker Rabbi Eisenberg of the St. Louis Kollel.
- Sunday, September 15 ~ SAVE THE DATE ~ Elegant BBQ Dinner ~ LOW & SLOW smoked beef ribs, brisket and chicken. Full course dinner. RSVP only.
- Wednesday, September 18 ~ NHBZ Sisterhood ~ Craft Central Art Project ~ create your own Star of David from stained glass.
Need help choosing which Torah sections may be appropriate for you or your family? Call Rabbi Smason at 314-991-2100. He would be happy to help!
The Shabbat Buddy System
As announced last Shabbat, NHBZ is forming a buddy system for those who would like to have a “buddy” help guide them through the Siddur and Chumash during services. We are looking for those who can serve as the “Buddy”.
~ This Week’s Torah Trivia ~
Last Week’s Question: A very famous saying comes from this parsha that is even used today. What is it?
Answer. “Man does not live by bread alone … but by all that comes out of God’s mouth” (Deut.8:3).
This Week’s Question: In Re’eh we find the section which will make a missionary cringe and stop trying to convert Jews. What is it?
- Check your email and respond to the NHBZ Yizkor Book of Remembrance listing for this coming Yom Kippur and Yizkor services.
- If you know of anyone who would like to receive the NHBZ Shabbat bulletin, please send their email to the office.
- Rabbi’s Sermon ~ To receive an email edited version of Rabbi Smason’s sermon please contact Rabbi Smason at firstname.lastname@example.org.