In the Community – Week of November 16th, 2019
Thank you to our Sponsors: Denny and Amy Feit for sponsoring the bulletin in observance of the yahrzeit of Denny’s grandfather, Aaron Feit z’l.
Steven Finer and Moshe Finer for sponsoring Shalosh Seudos in observance of the yahrzeit of their sister, Marsha Finer z’l.
Happy Birthday to: Marilyn Liss, Kenny Bressler, Michael Minoff, Evan Garmaise, Dr. Alan Brook and Dr. Erol Amon
Anniversaries: Jerry & Devy Goldenberg
Shabbat Greeter: Margo Tzadok and Menachem Szus
This Week and Beyond
- Shabbat, November 16 ~ Synaplex with speakers Greg Yawitz and Rabbi Daniel Freund. Kiddush Luncheon to follow.
- Sunday, November 17 ~ 10:00 am NHBZ Annual Meeting, Election of Officers – Refreshments will be served! All members are invited to attend and hear and voice your questions about the future of NHBZ Every November, we hold a Membership meeting to give members a ‘State of the Shul’ report.
- Sunday, December 8 ~ 3:30 pm ~Join us as we complete the writing of our new Sefer Torah and dedicate it to Nusach Hari B’nai Zion ~ Torah Completion * Parade * Dedication Ceremony * Refreshments
- Sunday, December 15 ~ NHBZ Anniversary Dinner ~ RSVP now to get in on the ‘early-bird’ raffle.
- Sunday, December 29 ~ NHBZ Chanukah Party!
NHBZ Outreach for Thanksgiving
Once again our Community Outreach Committee will be cooking a kosher Thanksgiving dinner and delivering it to the Olivette Police and Fire Department on Thanksgiving Day. We love the security and protection that we get from our Olivette Police and Firefighters and are grateful for their service!
We are looking for a few volunteers for a couple of hours on Monday or Tuesday, November 25th or 26th to help cook the meal or be a mashgiach. Please contact Stella Vladimirov or the office!
We show our appreciation by serving a traditional Thanksgiving dinner for the police officers and firefighters who will be spending Thanksgiving working rather than at home with their families. Once again we could use your assistance in the form of a donation of $18 or more to purchase the kosher turkey and other trimmings to prepare the meal.
In the Community
Sunday, November 17~ Jewish Community Center, Staenberg Campus ~ 7:00 pm ~ St. Louis Friend of Israel presents the acclaimed Israeli documentary film “Black Forest” and a Q&A with terrorist attack survivor Kay Wilson. For more info: https://www.jfedstl.org/events/black-forest/
This Week’s Torah Trivia
Last Week’s Question: Is Avram told where he is going to go to?
Answer: Nope: “leave Haran and go to “the place that I will show you”
This Week’s Question: How many visitors does Avraham receive at the beginning of this parsha? Why?
If you know of anyone who would like to receive the NHBZ Shabbat bulletin, please send their email to the office.
- Rabbi’s Sermon ~ To receive an email edited version of Rabbi Smason’s sermon please contact Rabbi Smason at email@example.com.