Happy Birthday to: Rebecca Goldman, Suzanne Tendler, Robert Schnurman, Marcela Morgensztern and Jackie Berkin.
Shabbat Greeters: Janet Haber and Denny Feit
- Wednesday, September 18 ~ NHBZ Sisterhood ~ Craft Central Art Project create your
own Star of David from stained glass.
- Wednesday, September 18 ~ 2:00 pm “ Baflance for Balabustes” Strength and flexibility with
Dr. Jill Abrams, sponsored by the NHBZ Sisterhood and STL Kollel Senior
- Shabbat September 21 ~ “Shabbat of Learning” ~ Topic: “Teshuva” led by Rabbi Smason
during Kiddush luncheon. Prior to Shalosh Seudos, Issac Amon will speak about his travels:
“From Poland to Turkey”
- Slichos ~ Motzei Shabbos September 21-22 ~ 12:30 am led by Rabbi Yaakov Berkowitz
of the STL Kollel.
- Sunday, October 6 ~ Sukkah Raising 9:00am
- Monday, October 14 ~ NHBZ KIDS SUKKAH Decorating contest and party ~ 3:45 pm – 5:00 pm
See flyer for details.
Thank you to Faith and Bruce Waxman for sponsoring the bulletin in honor of our son-in-law, Gavriel Matt, receiving his PhD.
Yizkor: Book of Remembrance listings are due Tuesday, September 10th ~ Call the office if you need help.
Need help choosing which Torah sections may be appropriate for you or your family? Call Rabbi Smason at 314-991-2100. He would be happy to help!
The Shabbat Buddy System
As announced last Shabbat, NHBZ is forming a buddy system for those who would like to have a “buddy” help guide them through the Siddur and Chumash during services. We are looking for those who can serve as the “Buddy”.
Lulav and Etrog Orders are now being taken until Wednesday, September 25. Please place your order now as we cannot guarantee that more sets will be available after that date. Order by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 991-2100 ext. 2.
Basic Lulav & Etrog set $50.00
- Standard Lulav & Etrog set $60.00
- Deluxe Lulav & Etrog set $70.00
- Premium Lulav & Etrog set $85.00
~ This Week’s Torah Trivia ~
Last Week’s Question :What big idea is found at the beginning of last week’s sedrah, Ki Teitzei?
Answer: “Judges and Officers you should appoint for yourself”, which is incumbent on each individual and tells us to set up courts of justice and systems of enforcing the judgements.
This Week’s Question: What law regarding business relationships is stated?
- Check your email and respond to the NHBZ Yizkor Book of Remembrance listing for this coming Yom Kippur and Yizkor services.
- If you know of anyone who would like to receive the NHBZ Shabbat bulletin, please send their email to the office.
- Rabbi’s Sermon ~ To receive an email edited version of Rabbi Smason’s sermon please contact Rabbi Smason at email@example.com.