Thank you to David & Norma Rubin for sponsoring and cooking for the luncheon this Shabbat in honor of the 50th anniversary of David’s bar mitzvah.
Thank you Keith & Karen Zeff for sponsoring Shalosh Seudos in observance of the yahrzeit of Keith’s mother, Bess Zeff z’l.
Soda is sponsored in honor of Jennifer Hartranft’s birthday by Bryson, Gaelyn and Madeline Hartranft. Happy Birthday Jennifer!
Happy Birthday to: Shelia Gross, Jennifer Hartranft, Max Minoff and Sandra Segall
Shabbat Greeters: Joyce Hochberg & Jennifer Hartranft
- Shabbat September 21 ~ “Shabbat of Learning” ~ Topic: “Teshuva” led by Rabbi Smason
during Kiddush luncheon. Prior to Shalosh Seudos, Issac Amon will speak about his travels:
“From Poland to Turkey”.
- Slichos ~ Motzei Shabbos September 21-22 ~ 12:30 am led by Rabbi Yaakov Berkowitz
of the STL Kollel.
- Sunday, October 6 ~ Sukkah Raising 9:00am.
- Monday, October 14 ~ NHBZ KIDS SUKKAH Decorating contest and party ~ 3:45 pm – 5:00 pm
See flyer for details.
- Wednesday, October 16 ~ 7:15 pm ~ NHBZ Sisterhood program In the Sukkah “Women in the Torah” Presented by Rebbetzin Chani Smason. Light refreshments. This program is open to men and women.
- Shabbos, October 26 ~ New Member Shabbat
Need help choosing which Torah sections may be appropriate for you or your family? Call Rabbi Smason at 314-991-2100. He would be happy to help!
The Shabbat Buddy System
As announced last Shabbat, NHBZ is forming a buddy system for those who would like to have a “buddy” help guide them through the Siddur and Chumash during services. We are looking for those who can serve as the “Buddy”.
Lulav and Etrog Orders are now being taken until Wednesday, September 25. Please place your order now as we cannot guarantee that more sets will be available after that date. Order by email to: email@example.com or phone 991-2100 ext. 2.
Basic Lulav & Etrog set $50.00
- Standard Lulav & Etrog set $60.00
- Deluxe Lulav & Etrog set $70.00
- Premium Lulav & Etrog set $85.00
~ This Week’s Torah Trivia ~
Last Week’s Question: What law regarding business relationships is stated?
Answer: Paying Wages on Time is a law of the Torah.
This Week’s Question: Is the Torah limited only to Hebrew?
- If you know of anyone who would like to receive the NHBZ Shabbat bulletin, please send their email to the office.
- Rabbi’s Sermon ~ To receive an email edited version of Rabbi Smason’s sermon please contact Rabbi Smason at firstname.lastname@example.org.