In the Community – Week of September 28th, 2019
Happy Birthday to: JoAnn Raskas, Nicole Loiterstein, Ruth Novack Alper, Talia Shifren, Lewis Schucart, Hannah Bialecki, Ellen Berg, Robert Abrams and Leib Smason
Anniversaries – Dr. Alan & Marcie Brook
Shabbat Greeter: Bob & Joni Kaiser
- Sunday, October 6 ~ Sukkah Raising 9:00am.
- Monday, October 14 ~ NHBZ KIDS SUKKAH Decorating contest and party ~ 3:45 pm – 5:00 pm
See flyer for details.
- Wednesday, October 16 ~ 7:15 pm ~ NHBZ Sisterhood program In the Sukkah “Women in the Torah” Presented by Rebbetzin Chani Smason. Light refreshments. This program is open to men and women.
- Shabbos, October 26 ~ New Member Shabbat.
- Friday Night, November 8 ~ Shabbat Dinner at NHBZ ~ RSVP by Monday, November 4.
- Shabbat, November 16 ~ Synaplex with speaker Greg Yawitz, incoming STL Jewish Federation president and developer. Luncheon to follow.
Need help choosing which Torah sections may be appropriate for you or your family? Call Rabbi Smason at 314-991-2100. He would be happy to help!
The Shabbat Buddy System
As announced last Shabbat, NHBZ is forming a buddy system for those who would like to have a “buddy” help guide them through the Siddur and Chumash during services. We are looking for those who can serve as the “Buddy”.
Lulav and Etrog Orders are now being taken until Wednesday, September 25. Please place your order now as we cannot guarantee that more sets will be available after that date. Order by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 991-2100 ext. 2.
~ This Week’s Torah Trivia ~
This Week’s Question: Does the Torah espouse free will or just the automatic fulfillment of Mitzvot?
Last Week’s Question: Is the Torah limited only to Hebrew?
Answer: There is a law that the Torah was to be written in 70 Languages on stones from the Jordan river.
TOMCHEI SHABBOS: URGENT! Please remember our families in the community who are depending on your help during the upcoming chagim. A monetary donation can be made at email@example.com. For food donations, please contact Jackie Oppenheimer at 314-997-6924.
If you know of anyone who would like to receive the NHBZ Shabbat bulletin, please send their email to the office.
- Rabbi’s Sermon ~ To receive an email edited version of Rabbi Smason’s sermon please contact Rabbi Smason at firstname.lastname@example.org.