In the Community – Week of September 7th, 2019
Happy Birthday to: Myra Solomon, Carl Solomon, Dr. Daniel Morgensztern, Fran Hoffman, Corey Woolf, Irwin Rosen, Jesse Barash and Ayelet Smason
Anniversaries: Dr. Michael & Charlene Kass Shabbat Greeter: Mimi Fiszel and Marcie Brook
Shabbat Greeters: Mimi Fiszel and Marcie Brook
- Monday, September 9 ~ 7:45 pm ~ Home Discussion Group topic: Rosh Hashanah & Yom Kippur hosted at the home of Amy & Denny Feit. RSVP for address 991-2100 Ext. 2
- Tuesday, September 10 ~ 7:20 pm ~ NHBZ Board Meeting
- Shabbos, September 14 ~ Synaplex with speakers and topics: Peggy Cohen, Ph.D., retired UMSL Associate Provost, “A Mother’s Love Story: What I Learned As My Son Became Religious”
- Rabbi Yosef David, Aish HaTorah “Don’t Worry, Be Happy! The Jewish New Year”
- Shabbos, September 14 ~ 5:45 pm ~ Family Shalosh Seudos with speaker Rabbi Eisenberg of the St. Louis Kollel who will speak on: “Rosh Hashanah 2019-How to make it more than just a New Year celebration”
- Sunday, September 15 ~ Elegant BBQ Dinner ~ LOW & SLOW smoked beef ribs, brisket and chicken. Full course dinner. RSVPs only to firstname.lastname@example.org or 991-2100 ext. 2 by Tuesday Sept. 10th
- Shabbat September 21 ~ “Shabbat of Learning” ~ Topic: “Teshuva” led by Rabbi Smason during Kiddush / Luncheon sponsored by David & Norma Rubin. Prior to Shalosh Seudos, Issac Amon will speak about his travels: “From Poland to Turkey”
- Wednesday, September 18 ~ NHBZ Sisterhood ~ Craft Central Art Project ~ create your own Star of David from stained glass.
- Monday September 30 – Tuesday, October 1~ Rosh Hashanah services 9:00 am. Full schedule of High Holiday and Yom Tov services included in this bulletin.
- Sunday, October 6 ~ Sukkah Raising 9:00am.
Yizkor: Book of Remembrance listings are due Tuesday, September 10th ~ Call the office if you need help.
Need help choosing which Torah sections may be appropriate for you or your family? Call Rabbi Smason at 314-991-2100. He would be happy to help!
The Shabbat Buddy System
As announced last Shabbat, NHBZ is forming a buddy system for those who would like to have a “buddy” help guide them through the Siddur and Chumash during services. We are looking for those who can serve as the “Buddy”.
~ This Week’s Torah Trivia ~
Last Week’s Question: In Re’eh we find the section which will make a missionary cringe and stop trying to convert Jews. What is it?
Answer: Deuteronomy 13:1-12 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder, etc….. READ IT FOR YOURSELF
This Week’s Question: What big idea is found at the beginning of this sedrah?
- Check your email and respond to the NHBZ Yizkor Book of Remembrance listing for this coming Yom Kippur and Yizkor services.
- If you know of anyone who would like to receive the NHBZ Shabbat bulletin, please send their email to the office.
- Rabbi’s Sermon ~ To receive an email edited version of Rabbi Smason’s sermon please contact Rabbi Smason at email@example.com.