The Sisterhood Scoop
Volume 2 Number 10 – March 16, 2019 – 9 Adar2 5779
Purim is Coming! Purim is Coming! Purim is Coming!
Join Sisterhood at NHBZ’s Purim Seudah on Thursday, March 21 at 6:15pm
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
- Purim Seudah – Thursday, March 21st
- Sisterhood’s NEW Girls Movie Night Out “Ida” – Wednesday, March 27 at 6:30PM
- Craft Central Art Project honoring Israel Monday, May 6 at 6:30PM
- Craft Central Art Project honoring Israel Monday, May 6 at 6:30pm
- St. Louis Jewish Legacy Bus Tour Sunday, June 23, 1:00-5:00PM
- 4th Annual Dine ‘N’ Style Fashion Show and Luncheon – Sunday, August 18
If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you.
The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was.
For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research.
To succeed in politics, it is often necessary to rise above your principles.
The sooner you fall behind, the more time you’ll have to catch up.
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
Change is inevitable….except from vending machines.
Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
Borrow money from pessimists – they don’t expect it back.
Jean-Paul Sartre is sitting at a French cafe, revising his draft of Being and Nothingness. He says to the waitress, “I’d like a cup of coffee, please, with no cream.” The waitress replies, “I’m sorry, monsieur, but we’re out of cream. How about with no milk?”
Doctor Levenson is on his way to a dinner where he will be speaking, and scribbles some notes for himself, but when he gets up to speak, he cannot read his own handwriting! In a panic, he scans the audience and says: Is there a pharmacist in the house?
For information or to join Sisterhood, call the NHBZ office at 314-991-2100, ext. 3, or email: email@example.com