Join us for these sessions designed for those who are interested in growing Jewishly, regardless of education or level of observance. Each session explores Jewish concepts in practical, understandable terms. Sessions are held every Shabbat at 10:15 in the NHBZ chapel on the lower level, unless otherwise noted.
Every Wednesday 12:15 pm ~ Study with Rabbi Smason- Study Pirkei Avos / Ethics of the Fathers.
Every Shabbos ~ Starting Points: “Wisdom for Daily Living” with Rabbi Ze’ev Smason
A program tailor-made for those, regardless of prior educational or observance level, interested in growing Jewishly. Each freestanding session (at 10:15 am every Shabbos, unless otherwise noted) explores a distinct Jewish concept in practical, understandable terms.
Join us to learn, explore, and raise your Jewish soul with the following eye-opening sessions:
- March 7: “Finding Joy: Is Happiness a Choice?”
- March 14: “Haters and Critics: How to Deal with People Who Judge You”
- March 21: (No Class – from Rabbi Smason)
- March 28: To Tell the Truth: Is Honesty Always the Best Policy?”
We also have the following sessions:
- Every Shabbos ~ Tanach (Bible) Study (3/4 hour before Mincha)
- Every Sunday ~ Mishna Learning (after Shacharis) with Rabbi Chanan Swidler
- Every Monday ~ 7:40 pm ~ ‘Amud-of –the Week’ with Rabbi Perlman (for men only)
First Tuesday of each Month ~ 2:30 pm ~ Women of the Torah ~ at the home of Jackie Berkin facilitated by Rabbi Yaakov Berkowitz of the St. Louis Kollel ~ Open to all women ~ Each class is self contained ~ No background knowledge needed.