Join us for these sessions designed for those who are interested in growing Jewishly, regardless of education or level of observance. Each session explores Jewish concepts in practical, understandable terms. Sessions are held every Shabbat at 10:15 in the NHBZ chapel on the lower level, unless otherwise noted.
Every Monday 7:00 pm ~ beginning November 4 ~ “To the Source” with Rabbi Smason.
An ongoing weekly class covering contemporary Torah topics using classic and modern English and Hebrew texts. For Men and Women.
Every Wednesday 12:15 pm ~ Study with Rabbi Smason- Study Pirkei Avos / Ethics of the Fathers.
Special NOTE : Rabbi Smason’s Wednesday class will not meet for the remainder of October, and will resume on November 6.
Every Shabbos ~ Starting Points: “Wisdom for Daily Living” with Rabbi Ze’ev Smason
A program tailor-made for those, regardless of prior educational or observance level, interested in growing Jewishly. Each freestanding session (at 10:15 am every Shabbos, unless otherwise noted) explores a distinct Jewish concept in practical, understandable terms. Join us to learn, explore, and raise your Jewish soul with the following eye-opening sessions:
- November 9: “What Is One Thing You Can Remove From Your Life That Would Improve It?”
- November 16: “How Do You Measure a Life Well Lived?”
- November 23: “How Can Failure (Real or Apparent) Set You Up For Later Success?”
- November 30: “What Book Would You Most Give as a Gift — and Why”
We also have the following sessions:
- Every Shabbos ~ Tanach (Bible) Study (3/4 hour before Mincha)
- Every Sunday ~ Mishna Learning (after Shacharis) with Rabbi Chanan Swidler
- Every Monday ~ 7:40 pm ~ ‘Amud-of –the Week’ with Rabbi Perlman (for men only)
First Tuesday of each Month ~ 2:30 pm ~ Women of the Torah ~ at the home of Jackie Berkin facilitated by Rabbi Yaakov Berkowitz of the St. Louis Kollel ~ Open to all women ~ Each class is self contained ~ No background knowledge needed.