The Sisterhood Scoop
Volume 2 Number 8 – February 23, 2019 – 18 Adar 1 5779
“This they shall give…half a shekel” (Exodus30:13) “Money is fire. Like fire, it can destroy and annihilate, or illuminate and warm, depending on how it is used. – (Rabbi Elimelech of Lizensk)
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
- Next Book Club Meeting – Monday, February 25 at 7:15PM, at the home of Trudy Sudin, David Kertzer’s The Kidnapping of Edgardo Mortara
- Bingo Luncheon – Tuesday, March 12
- Sisterhood’s NEW Girls Movie Night Out “Ida” – Wednesday, March 27 at 6:30PM
- Craft Central Art Project honoring Israel Monday, May 6 at 6:30PM
- St. Louis Jewish Legacy Bus Tour Sunday, June 23, 1:00-5:00PM
- 4th Annual Dine ‘N’ Style Fashion Show and Luncheon – Sunday, August 18
It’s Adar! Be Happy!
The Talmud tells us that “when the month of Adar arrives, we increase in joy” to welcome a season of miracles. Accordingly, the Talmud tells us that this month is fortuitous for the Jewish people.
Sisterhood’s Book Club
BOOK CLUB MEETS THIS MONDAY February 25 – 7:15pm at the home of Trudy Sudin. Call Trudy to RSVP and to get directions, email: firstname.lastname@example.org This month’s book selection is: The Kidnapping of Edgardo Mortara, by David I. Kertzer, the moving and extraordinary account of how the kidnapping of a six-year-old Jewish boy became a pivotal event in the collapse of the power of the Vatican and changed Europe forever. A compelling read! The discussion will be led by Sallie Volotzky.
FOR MORE INFO CONTACT Fran Alper phone: 314-993-4024 email@example.com
NHBZ Sisterhood Luncheon & Tuesday, March 12, 12:00 NOON
Everyone is Welcome ~ Men & Women of All Ages ~ Attendance Prizes $9 Donation requested ~ RSVP to Rachael Pevnick at 314-395-6017
For information or to join Sisterhood, call the NHBZ office at 314-991-2100, ext. 3, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org