NHBZ Online Classes with Rabbi Smason
To listen to previously recorded Zoom sessions click Resources and select NHBZ Online Classes with Rabbi Smason – Recording.
NHBZ Online Classes with Rabbi Smason will keep you connected during this challenging time. The classes listed below are easy to join and you can drop in on one without having previously attended. These classes are offered through Zoom video conferencing on your computer or smartphone (you do not need to download Zoom to see the class) and through audio only on your telephone.
Instructions to attend a class:
*For Zoom video: each class has a Zoom link- click on the link or copy and paste the link in your browser to join.
*For audio through your telephone: If you prefer to hear the class only through your phone: Dial-in number: (425) 436-6367 – wait for the prompt to enter the access code: 509084 #. All classes use the above number to join with audio.
**If possible, please try to join each class a few minutes before the start-time:
- Each weekday morning at 8:00 am (Sundays, at 9:00 am.). Rabbi Smason will share a 10 minute D’var Torah (Torah insight) relevant to the upcoming holiday of Pesach (Passover). This will take place by telephone conference only.
- FOR KIDS ~ Monday – Friday at 2:00 pm ~ Take a 10-minute break from your online school and join Rabbi Smason as we explore short daily topical, relevant Torah snippets about Passover for ages 7 to 12 years old. On Fridays we will review the upcoming weekly Torah portion. Join by video at: https://zoom.us/j/136785930
- Sunday- Thursday at 7:00 pm ~ Rabbi Smason will offer a “Family Time Meeting” offering a few words of inspiration, perhaps a story, and then together we will recite Tehillim and sing. Each session is planned to last 15 minutes or so. Join by video a: https://zoom.us/j/295822730
- Every Monday at 7:30 pm ~ “To the Source” with Rabbi Smason. An ongoing weekly class covering contemporary Torah topics using classic and modern English and Hebrew texts. Join by video at: https://zoom.us/j/295822730
- Every Wednesday at 12:15 pm ~ Study with Rabbi Smason- Pirkei Avos/Ethics of the Fathers. Our long-running class offers contemporary, relevant insights based upon the timeless wisdom of the Torah. Join by video at: https://zoom.us/j/214068419
- Every Friday afternoon at 12:15 pm, Rabbi Smason will be offering a 45 minute class/discussion on insights into the weekly Torah portion. While we currently are unable to have communal Torah study and listen to the Torah reading on Shabbos, we can at least prepare for the Torah portion that normally would be read on the upcoming Shabbos. Join by video at: https://zoom.us/j/382191516